Kia ora! Warm Greetings
Dr Chellie Spiller, of Ngāti Kahungunu and Pākehā lineage, is a senior lecturer and Associate Dean Māori and Pacific at the University of Auckland Business School. Chellie has over thirty years of corporate experience in tourism, finance and marketing, holding senior executive positions in New Zealand and abroad. She brings this experience to her academic work and leadership and management training and development programmes. Chellie's research explores wayfinding, authentic leadership, wisdom and change at work and how businesses can create relational wellbeing and wealth.
Chellie Spiller and her co-authors, Hotu and John, describe the benefits of becoming a wayfinder leader as including:
- deepening your discernment about what is really going on and be more response-able to subtle shifts and nuances, as well as see the whole. In other words, see the wood and the trees
- developing integrative thinking and perceptiveness, and seeing connections between things that possibly others don’t see, making sense of complexity
- developing personal grit and courage and helping others develop their own grit
- honing the ability to work with resistance, shed rigid mental models and enter new paradigms
- adapting more naturally to change and harnessing the potential of uncertainty, ambiguity and the unknown
- experiencing greater relaxation, presence and calm, especially in the face of adversity
- experiencing and enjoying feelings of awe and wonder in the leadership journey.
You can buy the book online at Huia Publishers
The University of Auckland bookshop has copies you can buy at the bookshop: Student Commons Building, 2 Alfred Street, Auckland Central 1010. Tel +64 9 306 2700 Email: email@example.com. Or, you can also order online
You can also buy an e-book from Amazon
Rated in the top ten of leadership books internationally, ‘Authentic Leadership’ by Chellie Spiller and her colleague Professor Donna Ladkin introduces a powerful, profound, proven, and practical approach to developing truly authentic leadership. Click here to receive a copy of the Introduction chapter that introduces the key themes in the book.
Chellie Spiller and Donna Ladkin are currently exploring the importance of understanding the ‘shadow’ in authentic leadership and have developed a process that helps leaders work through these more challenging aspects of leadership.